- Powerful NT Security – including one-time, server-based Security Configuration, complete Administrator Control of all Editing, Save and Load functions, Documentation, Program Set-Up and Auditing of all user operations.
- Improved Ease-of-Use with Floating and Docking toolbars, Color Editor, optional Softkey Mode, Shortcut Addressing, Open Tree view programming and improved Context-Sensitive Help.
- Increased Program Speed due to development and design using full 32-bit implementation.
- More Powerful Programming with the use of Mnemonics, Merge Blocks, and Cutting and Pasting by block or element.
- Block Call enhancement with Zoom In/Out, and Previous or Next features.
- One-step Transfer of Logic from Offline to PLC.
- Completely redesigned and Expanded Print with Print Preview, Network Cross-Reference and Print-to-Text File.
- The ability to save Ladder/Statement list and Documentation in a single file which greatly Reduces Disk Space requirements while making it much easier to move files.
- Expanded Troubleshooting with Network Cross-Reference, Program Compare and a redesigned Data Window.
- New, built-in SCADA capabilities – including Data Logger and Trender – fully ControlShop compatible.
- Function Block declaration support added to the statement list AutoHelp.
- Logic status and user interface response time improved.
- The .NET framework can be installed automatically from FasTrak SoftWorks website.
- Edit control for home key in Data Window no longer causes the cursor to disappear.
- Comments for Function Block declarations may include semi-colons.
- Full functionality of Data Block in Demo mode.
- Holding the shift key down no longer prevents addresses from being entered in the Data Window.
- Entering a fill string into the Data Window no longer causes the cursor to jump to the bottom of the Data Window.
- Column format in the Data Window save template has been corrected.
- Data Window floating-point format number is now displayed correctly.
- Corrected problem with updating files using the “closed all documents” under Window Menu.
- FasTrak authentication security configuration dialog Help link added.
- Format information retained in Data Window after an undo, clear or cut.
- Inserting or deleting many rows at the top of the program runs faster.
- Address column alignment corrected in the Documentation Window and within the Data Window.
- ASCII values starting with special characters will now open the floating edit.
- Corrected problem with data editing regaining focus after changing cell to a higher row number.
- Pop-up menus for NT4.0 are displayed properly in Documentation View and Data View.
- User is no longer able to type in an invalid range in the Delete Ladder dialog.
- Autohelp only rebuilds when it is necessary.
- Corrected problem with the instructions in a parameter not translating the constants properly.
- The active program does not change after closing all documents from the Window Menu.
- Complications with the fill command moving the cursor have been corrected.
- Deleting rows online no longer causes a null reference in the Data Window.
- Hotkeys for next and previous can be used in the data window.
- Update problems while using zoom have been corrected.
- Menu key brings up the right click menu for the Data View, Documentation View or Programming Window.
- Undo of a segment added to the end of a Function Block will no longer causes an error.
- Problem with Data Window updating while the Documentation Window is open has been corrected.
- Clearing the Data Blocks speed has increased.
- Speed when deleting addresses in the Data Window has increased.
- The menu item “Logic Status” used to turn status on/off can be selected when the active view is not in Logic View or Edited Logic View.
- Corrected problem having to do with the Redo of Delete Rows in Data Window causing a null reference.
- Corrected problem with “data fill” causing infinite loops.
- Corrected complications with Data Next and Data Previous commands.
- Cross Reference view’s “Go to Location” functionality will now locate an addresses inside of box instructions.
- After installation forces a robot the user is no longer asked which products to install again.
- When selecting “Cancel” from the “products” dialog in the install program, a message no longer comes up asking the user if they would like to install the .NET framework.
- The “Fill” command is now working correctly.
- Problem with the slash screen staying up in Windows98 until after the operation is completed has been corrected.
- Problem in Windows98 with the meter window staying up after the operation is completed has been corrected.
- Data window no longer permits the address types of T,C, RI,RJ,RS and RT to be viewed in the Data Window.
- Loading .s5d files and saving them as.fs5 files and then transferring to online was causing the error message “unable to create program. Error writing registers to PLC.”
- The Function Block declaration comments are now using the statement list comment color instead of using the rung header color.
- Trying to copy Function Block declaration lines will raise an error message.